Monday, December 12, 2011

My Newly Remodeled Bedroom




This photo is "before" I switched up my colors to blue grey.
                                                                      This is the after.
                          I like both colors but the blue feels calmer and I feel like I am at the beach.
                                        Notice that the lamps and nightstands are also different.


 Thank you Martha Stewart for creating a beautiful bedspread. Found my headboard on Kraigs list for $100. It came with a "foot board" but I don't have the space for it. The bedspread pattern is hydrangeas which grow in my yard.

 My husband and I installed the diamond patterned tile and the taller baseboard.
 You can see Mill Creek running behind our backyard. It's practically a river.

Our bed frame is raised and I can store lots of things underneath. I had to order the extra long bed skirt.


 The braided green rug is from the Yankee rug co. and it is so soft. I painted the nightstands a cool refreshing greenish aqua color.
We also installed new double doors and put in an Azek deck. I waited 20 years for that deck.  The cellular shades are Bali's. Found the big green pillows at T.J Max.
 It was fun decorating this room and getting all the colors together.

1 comment:

High Street Cottage said...

What a gorgeous bedroom makeover! I love the pretty greens and pops of pinks, the bed is darling,and I really love the floor!
You did a wonderful job, it's the perfect cottage bedroom, and what a view!
By the way stop by my blog for the year end giveaway if you like.